Hey, everyone! I’m Young Flame, here, with VERY exciting news! We STILL have writing contests going on!
Here are the requirements/link for MY contest. The deadline is the same on both contests. October 5th, 2013.
- It can be one story (try to keep it under 2,000 characters) or an episode story of no more than 5 episodes. No continuous stories please!
- This is a G-rated site. Please no gory violence. Battling is OK, as long as it isn’t gory.
- No copying! Be original! I will disqualify any and all stories that are the same or too similar.
- If you are entering an episode story, only give the first episode, please. If you are entering a long story, please only give me enough that I can get a good idea of what it is. A long story would be 500 characters or more.
- Grammer helps! I won’t disqualify you if you have bad grammar/spelling, but I will put stories with good grammar/spelling before one without. If you don’t know the proper spelling, look it up.
The prize: I will choose three finalists. Then I will place. Third place will get an honorable mention in my next post. Second place will get a post with their story in it, (or multiple posts if they enter an episode story) and authorship. First place will get a page on the menu and editorship. Thanks, and good luck to those who are entering!
Here are the requirements/link for Nameless’ contest. The deadline is the same on both contests. October 5th, 2013.
- Write a Paragraph / Summary of your short story.
- Please try to keep it about Poptropica. On-Topica as much as possible.
- Please don’t rush. Don’t rush your creativity, the contest lasts until October 5th.
- Don’t rush us. This contest is timed.
- Be original, no copying a shows plot, or a books theme. And I know Monster Carnival is a popular island, but please make your story about more than an Island.
- Please don’t give us any personal information. We can see your email when you comment, which we will e-mail you, and comment you, if your entry is one of the top 5 finalists.
- Keep it clean. This site is rated G. No bad language whatsoever. And not straight violence. Poptropica violence like Zeus’ lightning bolts, and getting pushed out of a helicopter, that’s ok, because Poptropica has that kinda stuff.
- No bad talking someone else just because you are mad at them.
- Grammar is VERY IMPORTANT. Check your spelling before you hit Post Comment. also, COPY your story before you hit post comment.
- Details on what winners get below:
The contest will end October 5th. 5 finalists will be selected by the tenth. The 5 finalists will each turn in a full story. (The one they gave the paragraph / summary for). Then we will post each of the stories, and a poll. You get one vote: For the best story. Please don’t just make this a Popularity contest?? The 3 stories with the highest scores will win the top 3 finalists. Then the 3 finalists will each be voted for, again, and the stories of second and third most votes will have their stories featured on a stories page in the menu!! And not just temporarily XD Then the FIRST PLACE WINNER will: Be offered an Authoring position (Editoring if WordPresser) here on HOP!!! The Final 3 will be announced on Halloween.
Now remember, if you enter either of these contests on this page, the entry will not be seen, therefore, will not be counted. The links for both contests are in the word link, so, if you are interested in either or both contest(s), click on the link and enter! Hurry! The deadline’s a-coming!